- Association Rules: Uncover relationships between variables in large data sets to better understand customer behavior (Market Basket analysis) or in other areas of analysis.
- More statistics: Take advantage of additional statistics like FlexBayes and Resampling now available in Spotfire S+ 8.1
Deployment and Integration:
- Spotfire Integration: Read and write Spotfire Text Data files, and leverage examples of using Spotfire Professional to visualize, explore and share model results.
- Custom Java & C++ nodes: Extend Spotfire Miner by writing custom nodes in Java and C++.
- Remote Script Execution: Execute S+ scripts remotely on S+ Server to offload and distribute intensive jobs.
- Global Worksheet Parameters: Make workflows more flexible and reusable to interactive and batch applications.
Data Access and Preparation:
- New Data File Types: Unlock more data sources by reading new formats including Spotfire Text Data, Microsoft Excel 2007, Microsoft Access 2007, and Matlab 7.
- JDBC Access: Access new data sources for analysis with data import and export via the sjdbc library in Spotfire S+ 8.1.
- Recode Values: Easily handle and prepare data from multiple sources by changing the values in a column to a new value.
New Deployment Options:
- Remote Script Execution: Offload computationally intensive scripts to the server and analyze data accessible only on the server.
- Cluster Management: Ensure the availability, reliability, and scalability of your computational services by distributing analytic requests across multiple servers in a cluster.
- Notification API: Reliably and efficiently track job status by asynchronously notifying clients of job completion.
- API Enhancements: Develop across platforms more efficiently with unified Java and C# APIs.
- C# and Java Application Tutorials: Learn how to integrate computational analytics into your applications with new tutorials published on the Spotfire Technology Network.
- Easier Installation: Install quickly and easily expand clusters with a new one-click, zero-configuration install.
- System Monitoring: Monitor and administer your system remotely with a new industry standard, JMX–enabled Spotfire S+ Server.
- Centralized Job Management: Easily track job status on a single system or across a cluster via a centralized job queue.
- Scheduled Maintenance Services: Reduce system maintenance with configurable services that routinely clean the job queue.
- FlexBayes: Create more realistic models, provide a natural way to address missing data, and take advantage of prior analysis.
- Association Rules: Uncover relationships between variables in large data sets, most commonly to detect purchase patterns (Market Basket Analysis), or in many other areas like web site usage analysis.
- Resampling: Apply resampling techniques, such as bootstrap and permutation tests, to enable the use of standard statistics on smaller data sets.
- Wavelets, Spatial Stats, EnvironmentalStats: Apply statistics for advanced analysis of signal and image data, spatially correlated data, and environmental data.
Deployment and Integration
- Data Access: Analyze more data sources using JDBC and support for import and export of Microsoft Excel 2007 files.
- RTF Reporting: Output highly-formatted reports containing S+ charts and tables.
- Package System: Easily manage downloads and updates, as well as export packages with customer user interfaces.
- License Management: FlexLM license management has been removed from Spotfire S+ 8.1, making installation and support for large user communities even easier.
Visualize and communicate model results in powerful new ways using TIBCO Spotfire® Professional. Spotfire S+ 8.1 is also available bundled with TIBCO Spotfire Professional, enabling business users across the enterprise to quickly and easily visualize and interact with their data to gain new insights and make better decisions. For more information, please contact us or watch this recent webcast.