Consider the application that's served you years of business critical functions. With the amount of time and cost spent on building and customizing the application, re-writing the application or throwing it away in favor of an off-the-shelf product sometimes may not make sense.
Customers evaluating options to migrate their application look for specific value in available choices. Many a times migration products come short of their promises and customer expectations.
This happens typically when one or more of the following are true:
- When there are no good migration solutions available,
- If existing migration solutions you've encountered pose an increase in the cost of migration projects due to their incompleteness, level of post-migration fixes, lack of non-customizable approach or
- When organizations think about unique complexities of their applications, and customizing a migrator tool is not an option or cost-effective
- If the available migration tools do not meet your technical objectives
- Do not allow you to satisfactorily scale your skills transition
That is, if you don't have the right migration tools available to you.
If you've thought of any of the above, then look at TRANSFORM Forms to Java migration toolkit and what it offers you differently, and you will quickly figure out why you need it, and what value it serves to you.
TransForm from Release3 was meant to be different
Our toolkit was specifically designed for customers looking for:
A migration that can be performed quickly, cleanly and without unwanted headaches
- A migration solution to be deployed on any Java based application servers
- Using existing Forms and PL-SQL skills as much as possible
- Help to preserve business logic and separating it by moving it to DB packages
An easily customizable toolkit that can be tailored to their specific application (if needed), within a short period of time
What We Do
- Migrate to Open Source Java
- Move logic to DB Packages, Procedures
- Give you a solid migration tool which is very easy to use
- Give you a complete migration solution
- Give you the Least Cost, Time, Stressful but Most powerful and open choice for your migration
What We Don't Do
- We don't migrate to Java-ADF
- We don't Parse PL/SQL and provide you speculative Java based business logic.
- We don't lock you in with technology or development environment
- We don't use model driven architecture to generate Java code
With TransForm From Release3, we wanted to...
- Keep it simple yet powerful
- Create a tool for Forms Developers where they could use their skills for migration
- Provide a tool with the Highest power of migration
- Keep Business Logic intact
- Provide technology choices
- Create a tool that can be customized easily if the situation demands of it
Don't get us wrong.....We love Oracle Forms too much. But as Oracle themselves slowly move towards Java as a development environment of choice, there is a subtle declaration for Oracle Forms to be outdated. Even OC4J which we loved is slowly getting evolved into BEA Weblogic server from ver. 11.
We decided early enough to ensure that our product take benefit of the new BEA Weblogic environment, and then extended our thoughts towards open source Java. As a result, we offer that choice of being able to deploy the Java applications on any Java Application Server. Be it OC4J or Weblogic or any other Java application server, the generated code will fit.
Oracle Forms have extended the power of rapid application development for years together. And so when we planned our tool, we realized that we had to bring the same advantages to Java development first. So we created the Grid, LOV, Master-detail components and then the panels and container, Coupled it with preferences and security, and voila we had the success formula ready.
Next, we focussed on creating the migration proces which would be simple and meant for Forms developers. Something that they could relate with and use, since they have the functional skills and knowledge of the PL/SQL code in the application. We created TransForm From Release3 in such a manner that Forms developers are completely at ease with the migration UI, process and naming conventions.
To allow customers to be able to take advantage of technologies of their choice, TransForm from Release3 - Oracle Forms to Java Migration Toolkit was created to be different. Thanks to mainly our our customers who helped us to think outside the box......
And We are glad we did.....because now, with TransForm from Release3, we can offer an unparalleled value proposition, with a choice.....
- Lowest cost Forms to Java migration
- Direct savings in migration project costs & time,
- Option to customize migration toolkit very easily and quickly (if required)
Move PL/SQL logic to the DB packages
- Use existing skills for post-migration fixes
- Pre-existing knowledge of functionality
- Application business logic works as soon as PL/SQL is modified
- Scale Java learning over a period of time, rather than immediate.
- Provide developers a chance to learn and adopt, than risk of losing jobs
- Clean separation of UI and logic (flexibility in the future)
A Complete, Comprehensive migration solution
- Open source Java Oriented migration
- Lets you take advantage of Java, rather than trying to pull everything from Form as is.
- Solid structure in MVC, ready to run after minor easy-to-perform fixes in PL/SQL.
Easy to use, manage migrations
- Migrate with a lower learning curve
- Utilize your existing skills
- Helps skills transition to newer technologies over time
- Reduced post-migration migraines
Generate Rich Interface Applications by default
- Provide Rich Interface applications which the users would love to use
- Eliminate risks of user rejection
- Power of UI customizations and preferences in the hands of the user.
- Leverage the jRAF Framework
Open Source J2EE
- Complete Open Source
- EJB 3.0, JSF, java-based AJAX
- Non-Proprietory, Completely Standards Based
- Easy to Maintain and Port across Java technogies Choices of technologies
- IDE like jDeveloper, Eclipse, myeclipse etc.
- Java application servers such as BEA Web Logic, Oracle Application server (OC4J) or Web Sphere etc.