Network Analysis Tool
An Overview of the Sidra Intersection:
Sidra Intersection is next generation micro-analytical tool with major new features including LANE-BASED NETWORK modeling for network analysis incorporating all types of intersection- signals, roundabouts, sign control in one network.
Sidra Intersection allows modeling of separate Movement classes with different vehicles distinctive features. These manoeuvre can be assign to designated lanes, lane segments and signal phases.
An Overview of the Sidra Intersection:
- Distinctive Lane-based network version for all types of intersection :Sidra intersection 6 uses a lane-based network model for all kind of intersection types – signals, roundabouts, sign control on single network. Two powerful features of this model are Backward Spread of Congestion (queue spillback) resulting in reduction at upward stream lanes, and Capacity limitation by reducing the demand volumes of downstream lanes as a result of over-saturated upstream lanes.
- Analyse Diverse Movement Classes and Enhanced Traffic Signal Analysis:Different vehicles characteristics can be allocated to different lanes segments and signal phases, this enables a unique method of modelling of Heavy vehicle lanes(Bus priority lane) Light vehicle lane (Bicycle Lane).
- Two way Sign Control Method and Demand & Sensitivity Analysis :Two-way control sign method accommodate gap acceptance parameters automatically for intersection geometry and control, with option to apply reduction with opposing flow rate. The two-way control sign model incorporate the effect of pedestrians on vehicle movements. Demand & Sensitivity Analysis employ Graphs facility used for a selected lane, approach or origin-destination movement (by Movement Class) in addition to intersection level analysis.
- Most Advanced Software for Roundabouts :
- Roundabout corridors can be analyzed in detail using the new network model.
- Roundabout geometry.
- Strip islands (between lanes)
- Splitter wide island in roundabout layout picture.
- Individual inscribed diameter and number of downstream circulating lanes.
- Circulating lane flows.
- Inception-Destination Factor: model improved to make allowance for lane flow balance of lanes on the dominant approach.
- Capacity model HCM 2010 roundabout : improved calibration method introduced.
SIDRA TRIP 1.1 is a software for vehicle trip assessment utilizing GPS Data and for quick analysis of current traffic condition. Trip 1.1 is very useful for transport managers to compare travel conditions on alternative routes, for traffic engineers and planners to assess network traffic performance, and for educators, to teach about vehicle movements and traffic performance.
Easy analysis using Sidra Trip:Travel data collected using GPS units – Data can be easily imported using different data format* into SIDRA TRIP to get faster results.Quick scenario analysis– By simply specifying initial and final speeds to represent vehicle movements.
- Vehicle operating and user costs including values of time, vehicle costs and toll costs
- Produce detailed travel level of service and performance statistics
- Fuel consumption and emissions of Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Hydrocarbons (HC) and Nitrogen Oxides (NOx)
- Estimate noise levels (dBA) using three alternative models
- light and heavy vehicle acceleration and deceleration characteristics
- Standard drive cycles used in vehicle fuel consumption and emission testing
- Vehicle movement using animated dynamic graphs
- Create your own vehicle and driver types using parameters describing vehicle and driver characteristics for simulating passenger car, light vehicle and heavy vehicle movements
- Calibrate the parameters of the operating and user cost models for your local conditions
- Easily import GPS data in a variety of formats:
- CSV (comma-separated values) file (csv),
- Text (tab-separated text) file (txt),
- Fuel consumption and emissions of Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Carbon Monoxide (CO),
- NMEA Text (GPS-standard) file (txt),
- GPS Exchange file (gpx),
- Track file (trk),
- Garmin Database v 1.0/2.0 file (gdb).