Android Application for Home and Building Automation
Home Automation is a term used for intelligent system to centrally control the home, housework or household activity. Centralized automation of lights, electric appliances, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), security locks of gates and doors etc. comes under Home automation. It’s one such application developed with amalgamation of embedded hardware and software application to provide improved convenience,energy efficiency, comfort and security.
The frontend of the automation system is dependent on the user-friendly interface to manage the centralized electric system. One you can go for fixed Interface to manage central electric system or may adopt for in-trend business mobility using Smart Devices. When we talk about the User Interface with mobility, we don’t have a better option than android. Google’s Android operating system have received very good response. It is supported by large community of developers who develop and bring innovative features which are favorable for various type of industries, be it industrial, business app or restaurant app. Similarly, the usage of Android can really enhance the overall utility of Home automation system.
Glimpse of Home Automation System with Android App to remotely control the lighting:
1. You can add multiple sensor to check room temperature, door locks etc. and get the complete control over the devices using android app connected with embedded hardware systems.
2. In the above app, you can see an option to select the Slot No. from the list provided by combo box for Temperature monitor, keypad, Door and Relay. Slot No. displays all available com ports of the system.
3. With an intuitive and dynamic interface of android app, you can have two different version of door event
- Door closed image with mute speaker image event
- Door open image with un-mute speaker image
4. Temperature will display temperature value received form hardware.
5. You can install various components with central Embedded Hardware Component and synchronise it with Android Application. Accordingly you can switch it ON/OFF.