Temporary Social Networking
Our client is the first ever temporary social network for hotels, designed to connect the current guest to other fellow guests, the hotel staff, and to a live feed of what is happening in the hotel or city - either within the one hotel or across multiple hotels within the vicinity.
Hotels globally are joining this temporary social network as it allows them to build closer relationships with their guests and gives them the ability to offer promotions directly in the lobby, via the in-room TV and to their guests’ mobile devices. This Social Network will soon be available in hundreds of thousands of rooms globally.
Our Client has tied up with major hotel chains in Europe to provide services to Hotel Guests. It enables them to do networking with in the hotel and between all the city hotels. Guest can see all the deals, events, messages and guests of that hotel lobby and connect themselves with those. Some of the key challenges were: -
- Content management (Showing posts, events, deals etc.)
- Image management (Large number of image loading)
- Automatic Updates
- Integration with Web server and Web services
- Network Handling Efficiency
- Single application for every range of Android devices
Binary Semantics developed an Android App to provide networking platform to Guests. The App is aimed to give them maximum benefit to them during their stay in hotel. Hotel Guest can interact about Deals & Events with number of other Guests and also interact in online lobby related to business. Guests can interact in a more sophisticated way and it is all temporary as after leaving, hotel guest can’t connect to that network.
Temporary Social Networking
This Social Networking App enhances the overall process of networking between hotel guest and co-ordination between hotel staff and guests. This Android App has seamless integration with web version of Temporary Social Networking Portal.
Benefits for Guests:
- Destination Guide: Guests can find out what’s going around in the Hotel and the City (Restaurants, Shopping, attractions).
- Networking Opportunity: Make new friends, join events and group activities.
- Exclusive deals & join events that could be sent by the venue or third parties!
- Single app for all destination hotels.
- It’s temporary! At checkout, guests lose access to the network, allowing for exclusive access for the guests at the hotel only.
- Stay tuned without staying “on” all day: Stay tuned at all times, even when outside the hotel.
- Use our concierge: Customize the platform to your needs (room service with one click, see restaurant specials, order towels, request valet…)
Benefit for Hotels:
- Customer focus: Improve relationship, increase customer loyalty and satisfaction via live concierge, apologize for inconveniences, and create a friendly atmosphere at the hotel.
- Promote Offers & Coupons to Guests.
- Changing the Dynamics: Streamline your concierge services (i.e. instead of waiting for your guests to approach the concierge, have the concierge send out deals or suggestions to them)
- Know your Guests! Obtain key information, live feedback/surveys and act accordingly.
- Save time, money, and resources to develop customized App – Single app for all guests and hotels, available for instant access via mobile or web, no investment in IT infrastructure required, highly customizable lobbies to reflect your brand.
- Different from other social networks: Facebook and Twitter work great to reach the fans of the brand. This Temporary Social Networking app focuses on improving the experience of the ones that can improve your bottom line right now - your current guests!
- Project – Android App – Temporary Social Networking
- Customer – Temporary Social Networking Portal
- Industry – Customer Services
- Application – Temporary Social Network
- Tools Technology – Android SDK, Java, AQuery, GSON, GCM, Social Media Integration
- Platform – Android OS
- Project Scope – Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Integration and Testing
Supported Android Versions
- Android 2.2.x Froyo (API level 8)
- Android 2.3-2.3.2 Gingerbread (API level 9)
- Android 2.3.3-2.3.7 Gingerbread (API level 10)
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb (API level 11)
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb (API level 12)
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb (API level 13)
- Android 4.0-4.0.2 Ice Cream Sandwich (API level 14)
- Android 4.0.3-4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (API level 15)
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (API level 16)