Art Collection Project
Our Client is ranked amongst Top Indian Business Houses. It is a conglomerate of over 12 companies, has 45 years of manufacturing history and is today a US $ 4 Billion Group. Various Lines of Business are - Automobile Manufacturing, Real estate, Financial Services, Information Technology Enabled Services, Consulting & Advisory, Integrated Learning & Education Business. Other than this, it also has a sizeable collection of Art work, which is an important and growing investment.
Currently, the information related to various aspects of the art collection is managed in manual (physical documents) form and there is there is no central place where the entire information is available. Over the time, a need has been felt to have an efficient and quality Art Collection System that records, tracks, and utilizes the important information needed to help manage this valuable asset. Also, it presents a prospective business opportunity.
Proposed system had to be highly secure and flexible in nature and at the same time simple to use and manage. Application interface was expected to give the visitors the impression of visiting Art gallery in real time.
Binary Semantics developed the web based system with following set of features -
- Category and Subcategory wise listing and display of artwork with necessary details and enlarged view of art.
- Easy upload facility for uploading artwork (image and details) with different orientation i.e. landscape, portrait
- Role & User based Access - Restrictive access to users as defined by the Administrator.
- Favorites – Allowing users to store their favorite artwork for easy accessibility.
- Simple and Advanced Search facility that enables users to search for a specific artwork on the basis of various filters such as Period (Modern, Ancient, Classic), Artist etc.