Content Management System
Our client is a NASDAQ listed customer care services and solutions provider for healthcare, financial services, business services, publishing, communications and travel and entertainment industries.
The client invited Binary Semantics to redevelop the existing Content Management System (CMS) which was in use by its Customer Support Representatives/Agents supporting the Marketing Operations in Publishing/Media and other industries. The redesigned system had to be developed using BEA Web Logic Platform and with advanced features not present in the existing system.
The key challenge was to design and develop the application in order to:
- Allow the client’s authorized business users to directly organize/ configure the content on their own (without any technical support) &
- Make the content search process relatively faster on the portal
The key features / functionalities of the redesigned CMS are as follows:
- User Configurable Content Organization – Authorized users to define the portal content structure and manage their content, which is then published on the portal and accessible through a multi-level hierarchical content structure.
- Content Creation and Upload – Authorized users to create and upload content for the portal using a simple upload process involving minimum number of clicks.
- Simple and User Friendly Text Editor for Content Creation and Editing
- Content Search –Advanced search functionality to search on content with a variety of filters.
- Access Administration- Requisite capabilities to set up the users, roles and permissions in order to define who could do what.