Desktop Publishing also known as DTP is the process of developing documents by putting to use desktop layout skills on a personal computer. Various desktop publishing software are equipped to create a variety of layouts and thus develop high quality typographic text and images. These layouts are as good or even better as compared to the traditional style of typography and printing.
We offer DTP services and thus cater to different requirements of our clients. We include a variety of typefaces, margins, justifications, graphics, embedded illustrations straight into the text. As a matter of fact, only a powerful desktop illustrator allows you to create illustrations whereas less powerful systems only permits the insertion of illustrations created by a different software or a program.
It is pertinent to mention that these days word processing programs are becoming increasingly powerful. Thus the distinguishing line between such programs and DTP systems is getting thinner by the day. DTP applications commonly grant more access and authority over typographical characteristics like kerning. DTP services also offer greater support in favor of complete-color output.
One of the most essential features of DTP is that they provide a clear vision on the display screen exactly as you would see the document when printed. This feature is supported by a system, which is called WYSIWYG.
We offer multilingual DTP services. Translating technical documents from one language to the other has a significant impact on the overall as well as graphical design of the document. Our primary objective is to develop localized web and print documents that are a reflection of the original and carry the essence as the original, simultaneously conforming to typographic and linguistic guidelines. Our aim is to produce documents keeping the local sensibilities within conscious consideration. Let's assume:
- We have translated a document from English to French and Arabic. Obviously translated document will consume more space than the original thus altering the overall graphical layout including word count and font size.
- Russian and German words tend to be longer than other languages thus would require the modification of menu and graphics.
- Languages such as Chinese, Korean and Japanese are character based and thus need specialized versions for translation.
- Hebrew, Farsi, Arabic and other middle Eastern languages call for a complete re-modeling of the overall design pattern as they are written from right to left.
What We Offer
- Formatting and layout localization in conformity with the original text and graphical layout.
- Ensure all files run through a DTP quality assurance check.
- Create specific lingual DTP linguistic documents.
- Develop designed templates for final and/or multilingual DTP output.
- Extract content from different formats and translate the same into a given or specific format.
Format of Deliverables