RFID in Manufacturing
Binary's RFID solutions help automate operations across manufacturing processes with speed and accuracy in a wide variety of environmental conditions.
Benefits to Manufacturers
RFID solutions provide the required real-time information to improve operational efficiencies. By automatic product movements tracking across the manufacturing process, phases or floors, RFID provides real-time inventory tracking, with minimal human intervention, to the manufacturer.
Some of the outlined benefits of the RFID solution in manufacturing are as follows:
- Real time inventory update / inventory update on the run
- Increased speed and efficiency throughout the retail process with fewer errors
- Improved WIP (work in progress) report
- Improved inventory optimization / Improved reorder level indication
- Optimum stock level / maximum stock utilization
- Materials movement tracking (both inbound and outbound)
RFID is similar to barcode technology with a major difference of being a contact less technology. Like barcode, it is a support tool to automate processes and to improve operations management.
- It can further reduce the labor requirement and human errors
- Its on-the-run read/write capabilities makes it particularly useful in real time data critical business applications
- No line-of-sight makes it applicable in several environments. They can be read through wood, plastic, cardboard - any material except some metals
- Its faster read rate gives it an edge over competing technologies.
A Standard Tracking in Manufacturing Process Real Time Inventory: Linking of manufacturing floor to the retail floor in real time - Think.