Our state-of-the-art software development facilities spanning over 25,000 sq. ft. of covered area situated in Gurgaon, near New Delhi have the capacity to base more than 400 employees in one shift. Some of the highlights of our facilities are as follows:
Our facility can be connected to client locations through secure high-bandwidth dedicated lines. Currently installed internet connectivity includes:
- Primary- 1* 3 Mbps dedicated leased links and Secondary (Backup)- 1*2 Mbps leased link
- The average ping response to a site in North America is <=225 ms.
- In case required, additional bandwidth can be provisioned on relatively short notice.
- Level I(Mains) - State Electricity Supply
- Level II(Backup) - Full Generator backup for the entire facility including computers, air-conditioning and lighting with automatic switch over
- Level III(UPS) - For Server room: 6+2 KVA on-line (40 minutes backup) Libert make For each workstation: 500 VA on-line (20 min backup) APC make
Successful offshore initiatives are built on a foundation of rigorous business continuity practices, disaster planning and recovery processes.
Our Disaster Recovery (DR) plan has evolved over a period of time through mock drills and investments in technology that will assist in leveraging value for the customer and ensure a seamless transition through the recovery phase. Our DR plan comprehensively addresses following three objectives:
- Prevention minimizes the probability of business interruptions
- Containment minimizes the impact of any business interruption through a focus on keeping the business running at the highest possible service level
- Recovery ensures a prompt resumption of normal operations following any incident that gives rise to business interruption.
Plan takes into account the fact that an emergency takes many forms, including:
- Natural calamities, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods
- Infrastructure disruptions, such as power or communications failure
- IT industry-specific issues:
- Systems failure or crash
- Virus attacks
- Cyber crime
Binary Semantics has policies in place for security and confidentiality of client's applications, data and business practices. We address the security aspect of the ODC for the client in the following areas:
- Physical Security
- Network Security
- Data Security
- IPR and Confidentiality
Physical security of the facility is ensured through:
- Round the clock manned security
- Issuing identification badges to authorized persons
- Controlling and recording the entry and exit into the facility by Proximity Card based Access Control System
- Restricting access to the server room and other sensitive areas further through the
Access Control System
- Proper verification and recording of all materials including computers, media and documents entering and leaving the premises by security personnel
- Provisioning of equipments such as fire and smoke detectors, zonal panels, warning sirens and a public address system.
- Keeping a copy of backups of all data and in geographically remote locations
Network security is achieved through multiple means including:
- Isolating the LAN segment
- Implementing firewalls
- Secured VPNs
- Use of specialized security hardware/software
- Multiple-level access restriction through passwords
- Virus scanners at Servers and workstations
- Maintenance of IP Security policies
In addition, Binary Semantics and the client can jointly evolve the network access guidelines and security mechanisms to address specific security requirements.
While natural disasters cannot be prevented, virus attacks and hacking can be prevented largely. We use Trend Micro/ McAfee AV software, which are regularly updated and distributed enterprise-wide. Even in extreme case of virus attack, the containment mechanism enables the impact at minimum level and recovery is achieved through vendor support.
The use of necessary firewall and other security techniques prevents unauthorized access and ensures the highest levels of data integrity and security.
Backups of all data and systems are kept in geographically remote locations for disaster recovery purposes.
IPR and Confidentiality
We have documented and implemented practices to ensure protection of intellectual property and confidentiality of clients' data and information. IP Protection is governed by the following agreements:
- Non Disclosure Agreement/ contract with client
- Employee contract
- Binary's code of conduct
- Maintenance of IP Security policies
In addition to the above, wherever required, Binary's personnel working in an ODC adheres to the specific security guidelines of client.
We have multiple rack-mounted Intel and RISC based servers. Currently supported environment includes:
- Windows 2003, 2008
Desktop environment is Windows 2000/ XP and specific office productivity/ development tools. Any specific hardware / software required for the operations of the ODC can be arranged for and responsibility for the installation and management of the hardware and software resources.
The access to specific hardware/ software applications required in the operation of the ODC is guided by operation/ process requirements in consultation with the client.
Our enterprise-wide gigabit Ethernet LAN and WAN infrastructure supports data, voice and video communication for software development and business process operations. Network infrastructure design follows multi-layer switching approach, to provide scalable, fault tolerant, and manageable network environment.