Responsive Website Design
In website development, RWD – Responsive Website Design is a concept optimum viewing experience to the user irrespective of device he uses with minimum of resizing of components of website and web page scrolling. The design concept uses the media queries and relative sizing through CSS3 to give optimum viewing to the end user.
The Responsive website Design is developed through following key technical features:-
- Media queries and media query listeners: The website developed with RWD uses a CSS3 media query which is an extension of @media rule. @media query allow use of different style rules based on the width of the browser and resolution of device it is being displayed.
- Flexible grid-based layout that uses relative sizing: It helps in adapting the screen as per viewing environment. The concept supports the page sizing with relative units (percentages) instead of defining absolute pixels.
- Flexible images and media, through dynamic resizing or CSS: The flexible images are used with relative units (percentage) so as to disallow its extension out of the scree.
The above key technical features provide the optimum viewing on resizing the page while browsing or accessing on device with different resolution. These are heart of Responsive Website Designs.
In near future the usage of mobile devices is expected to increase. As per bog of mashable.com, the Tablet sales are expected to exceed 100 million this year. Their sales numbers may top notebooks next year. According to Nielsen, the majority of U.S. mobile subscribers now own smartphones, not feature phones.
The usage of tablets, smartphones and other devices can increase substantially in future. The website should be designed in a way that a single website should give optimum viewing irrespective of the platform, device or resolution where it is used.
- Enhanced User Experience: The RWD gives flexibility to website design that gives optimal viewing to end user, which ever device he may use ( tablet, smartphone, laptop or desktop) for Internet Browsing.
- Mobile Compatibility: The RWD is compatible with all the devices and lets your customer access it on any device he may want to use. It replaces the concept of redirection on specific mobile version of website while viewing it on Smartphone, Mobile or Tablet.
- Optimum viewing and user-friendly navigation: The user has single stop point for information access irrespective of device he uses. The Website automatically acclimatizes as per the viewing environment.
- Save cost and money for development for different devices:The RWD is best replacement for additional development of expensive Mobile Version of Website just to support different viewing environment.
- Efficient Communication: Single Solution for all the devices making it a effective and holistic solution and efficient communication.