1. What can JMP do for you?
Demystify your data
You shouldn't have to be a statistician to get information from your data. With JMP, you don't have to be. And now that JMP offers even more powerful analytic capabilities and extensibility to interface with other popular analysis software packages, you can make JMP your analytic hub to efficiently work with your data. It's an entirely different paradigm: It's dynamic, it's interactive, and it's visual.
Wouldn't you like to experience more product breakthroughs, fewer bottlenecks and a quicker time to market? To do that, your organization needs to move forward more quickly, decisively and confidently, exploring your opportunity space efficiently and exhaustively – and then make the right choice. JMP lets you see your data to gain instantaneous insight into the relationships it contains.
The market demands continual improvement in many aspects of performance. You strive to systematically minimize waste and determine better ways of getting things done in your business, all the while protecting your brand, reducing warranty costs and delivering products and services that consistently meet or exceed customer expectations.
Use the Reliability Forecast to analyze warranty return data to create reserve forecasts. Perform what-if analyses adjusting production volume, forecast length and contract terms.
The software at the heart of your quality program should incorporate a wide range of statistical and graphical techniques. This includes design of experiments (DOE), predictive analytics, forecasting, interactive analysis and reporting. All of these tools are located in one convenient place: JMP, which will allow you to identify emerging issues, determine their root causes and resolve them before they become customer problems. Whether you call it Six Sigma, TQM, Lean or something else, JMP enables you to drive quality improvement throughout your organization, from product development to production and into the marketplace.
Discover the unexpected
Explore data from every angle possible and move rapidly from one visualization to another, from one discovery to the next. With JMP, you make and refine your graphs interactively, or quickly build a brand new graph. Watch your graph instantly emerge as you click and drag variables. And when you see something that looks like a pattern, bring up the appropriate analytic platform and see if it is significant. JMP works the way you think, as you visualize and explore your data without having to switch through windows to make comparisons. Visually flow your way to aha! moments.
Bubble Plot lets you create animated data movies to show changes in many dimensions over time.
2. What makes JMP so different?
Through its unique combination of interactive graphics and wealth of built-in statistical functionality, JMP is built for discovery. It has an attitude toward data that is close and personal. JMP provides the immediacy of a spreadsheet, but it allows you to interact with graphs and not just tables.
Exploratory data analysis: Find the structure in your data
The Nonlinear platform has a powerful new way of fitting curved data without the need to pre-impute a formula or starting values. Simply select from one of the models in a rich library, which includes popular bioassay or pharmacokinetic models, and your data is fit automatically.
Custom experimentation: Create optimal designs
Connection to other tools: Work from an analytic hub
Application Builder lets you build custom applications instantly by dragging and dropping reports onto a canvas.
Communication: Show them the money
You can save JMP graphics in a variety of formats, including interactive animations and other appealing visualizations. then you can easily move graphics into your favorite word processor or presentation tool to share your findings with others and influence decision makers to take action. Plus, the graphs and output in JMP look great in print – you can tailor the look and feel of any visualization with colors, textures and annotations.
3. What is special about JMP®?
JMP is the standard for visual data analysis on the desktop. It links statistics with graphics, making information accessible in ways a spreadsheet never could. JMP excels at data importing, preprocessing and reshaping, no matter where your data comes from. Provisions for making compelling visualizations, performing comprehensive analytics, modeling and data mining are tenets of the software. You can quickly create customized analytical applications that can be shared, allowing everyone to interact with your data and the information it contains. Using JMP as your analytic hub, you can easily work with SAS®, Microsoft Excel and R from within JMP itself.
Who should use JMP®?
Anyone who likes to explore data to uncover hidden stories and gain insights that fuel informed decisions. Anyone who wishes to analyze data through a visualization paradigm that dynamically links data, graphics and statistics
4. New Features in JMP® 10
JMP 10, our biggest release ever, accelerates exploration and discovery. It offers new ways to visualize and understand your data and share your findings with others. Analysis is faster, especially with large data sets, and you get more options for drag-and-drop graph-building, as well as new tools for analyzing quality and reliability data, designing efficient experiments, interactively comparing models, creating customized applications, and more.
A powerful 32- or 64-bit application, depending on your hardware, JMP 10 adds features that make the software more dynamic, powerful and intuitive in the following areas:
- User interface improvements make more changes available directly from the Graph Builder window.
- New elements are available: Line of Fit (regression line), Density Ellipse, Violin Plot, Pie Chart, Shaded Area, Heatmap, Treemap, Caption Box, Function.
- Multiple nested categorical X variables, resulting in nested X axes.
- Map shapes maintain aspect ratio.
- Map shapes support Asian world map view.
- Points and Map regions can be colored by size.
- Analyze command directly launches Fit Model.
- Improved performance allows processing of even large tables, with millions of records, in a few seconds.
- Geographic map data is retained in output when exporting to Flash (SWF).
- Supports color themes.
- Includes new shapes and the addition of arrows.
- Use Column Switcher to swap out a column within a report, allowing you to interchange and reconstitute the analysis with the new column.
Local Data Filter
- Local Data Filter is a contextual data filter embedded within a report, localized so it doesn't affect the states of other reports or data tables.
Local Data Filter is a data filter that you can add to many platforms that lets you filter and focus on specific categories without disturbing the original data table.
- Faster throughout, especially with large data.
- Graph preference pane includes a preview that lets you visualize how custom-graphing parameters will look in reports.
- Drag-and-drop replacement of variables is available in many platforms.
- 300 DPI graphical output options are available.
- Ability to compare two data tables, highlighting differences.
Output options are provided for saving graphics with 300 DPI resolution in the .jpg, .tif, and .png file-formats.
New Windows Environment Enhancements
- User interface for Microsoft Windows offers improvements for easier customization.
- Better integration with the Windows 7 taskbar.
- New Fit Curve personality fits nonlinear data to a number of models without needing to pre-impute a formula or values.
- Includes popular bioassay and pharmacokinetic models for data analysis.
- Tests multiple model estimates, parallelism and comparison of fits.
Partial Least Squares
- Improved PLS platform with refined graphs and reports.
- Study Distance, T-Square, Diagnostics, and Variable Importance Plots.
- Allows variable clustering, creates representative variables for groups of closely related variables.
The improved Partial Least Squares (PLS) platform has more refined graphs and reports.
Design of Experiments (DOE)
- New Discrete Numeric Factors specify trials at prescribed numeric stops.
- Power analysis is computed using contrasts between treatment levels.
- Variance inflation factors determine relative variances of factors in reference to a hypothetical orthogonal design.
- Evaluate Design command evaluates any table treated as a design. You can change model and alias terms and see the updated diagnostics.
- Center points and replicates are available before number of runs is selected.
Control Chart Builder
- Build control charts interactively through drag-and-drop process.
- Intelligent control chart building based on what chart you wants to see.
- Nest categories on the fly or append and replace data for exploration of other natural groups.
- Use for initial problem solving in process data to visualize where problems are.
Measurement Systems Analysis
- Supports Wheeler's EMP approach.
- Assess variation in your measurement systems and gauges.
- Study parallelism, bias, variance components.
- Use the Profiler to study your system, perform trade-off analysis and optimize number of measurements for cost savings.
- Use Crow-AMSAA analysis of repairable systems.
- Analyze mean time between failure (MTBF) and cumulative failure counts for systems with multiple stages.
- Use piecewise change-point detection to find a time point where reliability model shifts.
- Use historical warranty repair costs to create warranty forecasts.
- Interactively and visually explore combinations of service terms and production volumes to see their impact on forecasted repairs.
Use the Reliability Forecast to analyze warranty return data to create reserve forecasts. Perform what-if analyses adjusting production volume, forecast length, and contract terms.
- Weibull with latent causes, as well as mixtures of several types.
- Mean remaining life.
JMP® Scripting Language
- New unified scripting index includes a search function, log and sample scripts.
- JSL debugger includes step-in, step-out, pause and break functions.
- Drag-and-drop support in the Script Editor.
- Split pane for embedded log.
- Create instant applications for custom reporting by dragging and dropping output from platforms.
- Visually design custom applications by positioning objects and filling in action handler scripts.
- Share applications, which can be tailored to run customized analytics.
- Split pane for embedded log.
Application Builder gives you a canvas to drag and drop visual features and analyses into and automatically creates a script to replay the creation.
- New interface simplifies the process of creating a JMP add-in. Specify an add-in name, menu title, JSL script and other options.
- Support for SAS 9.3.
- Improvements to Excel interface.
- Support for MacOS Lion.
- Import SPSS files with values labeled and missing value codes intact.
- Ability to open Minitab 16 files.
- Support for WIP interface to SAS middle tier in addition to the current IOM interface.