Designed by Brendan Eich initially, it was originally used for web browsers, to manipulate DOM (Document Object Model) for event driven, functional and imperative programming styles that was responsible for making dynamic interactive webpages.
What is a front -end Framework?
The popularity of React grew in 2018 to 2019 and apart from Facebook, other notable companies use React are Instagram, Netflix, Pintrest, Dropbox.. to build their complex application, which optimizes their web performance and increased development effort efficiency.
- React is backed by large community of dedicated developers, which helps the development of libraries and introduced a new core algorithm – React Fiber.
- React saves lot of time while re-using components.
- Virtual DOM greatly improves the user experience and ensure quick rendering. Users can update changes without interfering other components, it helps to create a smooth experience for both user and developer in real-time.
- Stable code with one direction data flow
- Open source library with variety of tools.
- Component based architecture
- Documentation doesn’t keep up with the pace of development.
- Require other libraries to develop complex applications.
It was first introduced in 2010 by Google, who developed it. Then in 2016 it was reintroduced as completely new framework to address the new challenges of web development with features and new logic.
Angular by far the most advance framework. It is considered to be truly framework, not just suite of libraries. Developers can focus on providing the solution rather than looking for libraries and tools to do their task, this makes Angular most used frontend framework to build large complicated applications.
- Component based architecture, it facilitates UI with components and re-use these components in application.
- Large community and has built an ecosystem which includes, IDE, analytics tool, UI tools.
- Angular Universal Support helps render complex high performance apps on server, Google LTS (Long Term Support) maintaining the ecosystem and developing Angular.
- Very steep learning curve
- Even though Angular has web based structure, it is quite difficult to manage the components.
- The CLI documentation is not up to the mark.
Only Framework that is not backed by major company. Vue Js was created by Even You while working at Google. Started as solo project, it was created in mind of providing independent tool that created web interfaces and not require additional extension.
It include component file layout and logical structure, deals with two way reactive data-binding and doesn’t demand extra tool or libraries. Vue.Js is extremely flexible and can be integrated with different libraries.
Vue.Js helps building web applications, mobile apps to progressive web applications and help optimized app performance and handle complexities.
- In spite being started as solo project, it has very detailed documentations.
- Easy learning curve. In fact Vue.Js is considered to be most easy to learn compared with other two frontend framework mentioned above.
- TypeScript Support
- Vue.Js has smallest API size compared with other frameworks.
- Very simple Integration and flexible components, that can be reused later or use on other projects.
- Smaller development community and as it is not backed by any large companies.
- Too much flexibility creates certain irregularities.
Author: Ravi Prasad
Sr Executive Marketing