As IoT applications are getting into main stream and has improved the way we interact and communicate with devices connected to each other. LoRa : Long range, low power bi directional wireless platform is the new choice for designing and building next generation IoT networks worldwide.
LoRa Technology offers combination of long range, low power consumption and secure data transmission in bi directional which can be used by both public and private networks to provide coverage much greater than the range currently provided by cellular networks. Because of it’s easy to integrate into the existing infrastructure.
LoRa has taken our premier solutions in the field of IoT to a whole new level, that too with relative ease. With the advent of LoRa, it has become quite feasible for unlimited Smart City Applications. Fast proving to be a complete game changer, it complements the existing M2M businesses as well. With LoRaWAN, entire cities or countries can be covered with a few base stations, no longer requiring the upfront rollout and maintenance of thousands of nodes as in traditional mesh networking. Also, the LoRaWAN technology is ideal to target battery operated sensors and low power applications as a complement to M2M cellular connectivity. With its penetration capability, a LoRa gateway deployed on a building or tower can connect to sensors more than 10 miles away or to water meters deployed underground or in basements.
The LoRa protocol offers unique and unequalled benefits in terms of bi-directionality, mobility, security and accurate localization that are not addressed by other LPWAN technologies. These benefits will enable the diverse use cases and business models in deployments of LPWAN IoT networks globally, in harsh environments that were previously too challenging or cost prohibitive to connect.
LoRa Unique Value Proposition is :
- Long range - greater than 15 km in a suburban environment and upto 2 kms in a dense urban environment
- High capacity of up to 1 million nodes in some implementations
- Long battery life - A 10 year life can be obtained in some implementations. However this will depend upon the specific implementation
- Reduced synchronization overhead and no hops in mesh network
- Secured and efficient network
- Interference immunity
LoRa integrated People & Asset Tracking Solution - (Design & Deployment):
LoRa Wearable Tracking Device:
- Small form factor, wearable design (can be integrated into identification tags (ID CARDS).
- Long battery life: low power consuming, rechargeable battery on board, replaceable battery design.
- Bi directional communication with location tracking ability using GPS